Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Frame Generator part to its own assembly

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1123 Views, 1 Reply

Convert Frame Generator part to its own assembly

Inventor Pro 2013.

I would like to make the part named "Frame_base" an assembly on its own.  Please see the attachment.  I am new to Inventor and I thought I could demote it but the selection is grayed out.  The main reason I want to do this is because I would like to create a 2D drawing of it with a parts list to give to the welder.  This will be my first drawing and maybe I'm doing this wrong.  It appears that I need to bring in the base view file, and I don't see a way to do that unless the frame is its own assembly.

I have learned a lot about Inventor in a month but I haven't figured out how to move parts in and out of assemblies.  Are there any good videos on this? 

Thanks!

Allen

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

A frame generator assembly IS it's own assembly.  In your drawing you would point the view to that file (frame_base), if that's all you want to show.  You would need to know where it lives in order to point the view generator to it.  In your main assembly you can right click on that and select iProperties.  This will show you the file location.  Also, you can (from the main assembly) right click on it and select open.  If it is open while you are placing drawing views, it becomes a choice in the "File" drop down box of your view generator dialog box. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report