Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling the motion

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
rickardwahlstrom
710 Views, 10 Replies

Controlling the motion

Hey, 

i'm doing the assembly to the part that i attatched, but i have problem when i'm "rotating it", as the parts break their axis, the crankrod moves into the oppisite direction, and also the reverse gear. But i dont know how to limit their motion. also the steam chest slide valve rod is out of control. 

Here is it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X7LswXveW8&feature=related

So how do i limit their motion?... via.. angle or between two locations/measurement..?

ps. I use inventor 2012

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: rickardwahlstrom

An assembly file (*.iam) is simply a list of hyperlinks to the part files and a record of constraints.

You must inlcude the part (*.ipt) files.  This should have been covered in your class.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
rickardwahlstrom
in reply to: JDMather

I understand, So should i send everyone? Or how do i include them in the "iam? 

Message 4 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: rickardwahlstrom

Place in folder.  (might have to use several)

Right click on folder and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Attach the resulting *.zip file here (cannot be larger than 1.5 Meg, thus the reason it might take more than one folder).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
rickardwahlstrom

Well, i made the folder to an *zip* format, but it was 15 meg big .. maby couse it's around 40 parts in it 

Message 6 of 11
rickardwahlstrom

Here i made photo of it, becouse u maby dont need the parts to help me. 

you can see where it goes to ****t in the pictures, and i want to limit their motion so they cant "jump" away like that, (when i rotate). "just lock them from going beyond a certain position/angle . The video can be to much help. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X7LswXveW8&feature=related

Message 7 of 11
rickardwahlstrom

Message 8 of 11
rickardwahlstrom

Message 9 of 11
rickardwahlstrom

Message 10 of 11

BTW: Take a look at "Pack and Go" which is available in Inventor (if you did not use it before). http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Help/0073-Autodesk73/0684-Collabor684/0710-Design_A71...

Message 11 of 11

To preserve the direction of the crankrod (which in some cases moved to opposite direction when rotating the Flyweel:1) can be achieved by adding an angle constraint between the axis of 000.021 Crankrod:1 and axis of 000.005 Lower Cylinder Cover:1 and setting the limits to: maximum = 45 degrees, minimum = -45 degrees. As the reference vector, I used the axis of the 001.002 Crankshaft Center Rod:1.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report