Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour Flange on tangential arcs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JJarbeau
589 Views, 3 Replies

Contour Flange on tangential arcs

Hello Everyone

I have sketched a fan casing which consists of a series of tangential arcs. The sketch is fully defined but when I try to use "Contour Flange" I get the following error:

Sheet Metal: Contour Flange Creation failed.
19-3-101-26-2.ipt: Errors occurred during update
The attempted operation did not produce a meaningful result. Try with different inputs.
Try decreasing bend radius
Feature Compute failed.

My guess is the end points of the arcs are not defined correctly but I do not know how to fix. I have attached the file.

Please help

Jeff Jarbeau

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: JJarbeau

Hi!

The main question is, this is not a "series of tangential arcs".

The tables which you are taking the values have a lot of approximations. I know that, I have working with some ventilators.

The workaround is (2 options):

1)  delete some dimentions and give the tangency constrain to the interior arcs. The diameter Dimensions will change so much. I think it's not a problem for the ventilator's work. If so...

2) Create little arcs between all interior arcs: split, construction. See the file i attached, you will understand better.

1.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
JJarbeau
in reply to: JJarbeau

I kind of thought that was the problem. Struggled for hours to try and fix. 

Thank you kindly for the help

Jeff

Message 4 of 4
JJarbeau
in reply to: CCarreiras

I have stumbled upon a new wat to make the curves tangent. Creat a small space between the two curves (as per your suggestion) and under the spline drop-down there is a choice of "bridge curve". Select the two curves and dimension.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report