Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content center save location

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
262 Views, 2 Replies

Content center save location

Good Day,

We have about 25 users on Inventor working via a common network on multiple projects, we do not have vault. 

In using the content center, I see one has to specify the location of instanced content center parts under options>file>>Default Content Center files. Is there no other way to get the instanced content center parts to save under the specific project file location without changing it manually each time via options>file>>etc. Is there a setting under projects?

Many thanks,

Adrian

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Nicolas.Bourquin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Adrian,

All my apologize if you have already seen this link, but if not, probably that could provide you some answers:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/0000-Installa0/0001-Before_y1/0018-Configur18/00...

=> Refer to scenarios 3 and 4.

I hope that will help you.

Nicolas Bourquin
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Nicolas.Bourquin

Thanks Nicolas. I guess we went to scenario 3 pretty much. What I found to work this morning was to keep the content center on an individual's PC but change the location of where those instanced content center items are saved to the specific project. The key was keeping that exact folder called "Content Center" under the project, then it was happy. If I did not have that file one could not place anything as an error would read saying the item is not checked out to you. I think you know where I'm coming from. Thanks again 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report