Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Library version

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
132 Views, 2 Replies

Content Library version

How does the naming work for libary parts. It looks to me there is not a standard. Here are exampels. Both come from the same Content library difrent pc same settings. Din 912 - M2 x 6; Eloptro.DIN.37.220.5.iptHow does the naming work for the content library parts. Is there somewhere were I can learn more about the library? It looks to me there is not a standard naming. Here are two questions.
1. Both come from the same Content library (on the network) . Din 912 - M2 x 6; Eloptro.DIN.37.220.5.ipt Same part. What I like about the first naming if you look at the file name you have a very good idea what it is. Is the second naming a din 37? I have no idea.
2. Eloptro.DIN.4.19.1.ipt; Eloptro.DIN.4.19.5.ipt same part it looks to me the version is add to the part. Why not overwrite the previous version.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately I have the same problem/results as the poorly defined names in your example . This is a real nuisance and makes a mess and confusion throughout my project directories.
I also would be very interested in the logic behind this one, and I'm waiting with baited breath for an answer.
Recently I have began to save all the library parts that we have on our stock into a seperate library, and edited the iproperties and filenames. This for me is a far better way of accessing standard fasteners, although it is very time consuming initially to create the library. The benefits are- no messed up or confused files, all iproperties display exactly the information I need on assembly drawings, and also mass properties and rendered surfaces represent the true parts.
Is anybody going to tell me I've wasted my time and there's a much simpler way of achieving these results?
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Everytime you edit the spreadsheet of a Family ID in the Content Library, it automatically rolls the Family Version to the next number. That number is the last number in the file name. So, your Eloptro.DIN.4.19.1.ipt is Family Version 1 and Eloptro.DIN.4.19.5.ipt is Family Version 5. They probably are exactly the same, unless you changed something in the spreadsheet for that part. If you use Family Version 1 in one assembly, then use Family Version 2 in another, and Family Version 3 is still another, you will have to maintain all Family Version Files in your Content Library Database. In my opinion, it's a really dumb idea -- Aaron R. Friedman ARF Designs enoren wrote: > How does the naming work for libary parts. It looks to me there is not a standard. Here are exampels. Both come from the same Content library difrent pc same settings. Din 912 - M2 x 6; Eloptro.DIN.37.220.5.iptHow does the naming work for the content library parts. Is there somewhere were I can learn more about the library? It looks to me there is not a standard naming. Here are two questions. > 1. Both come from the same Content library (on the network) . Din 912 - M2 x 6; Eloptro.DIN.37.220.5.ipt Same part. What I like about the first naming if you look at the file name you have a very good idea what it is. Is the second naming a din 37? I have no idea. > 2. Eloptro.DIN.4.19.1.ipt; Eloptro.DIN.4.19.5.ipt same part it looks to me the version is add to the part. Why not overwrite the previous version. >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report