Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center measurements

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Cool_Breeze_Jr
470 Views, 12 Replies

Content Center measurements

Hi there...again. I have been informed by my lead Engineer that I need to find a 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" tube that is 16 gauge. The material is steel. I cannot find this in the content center. Any suggestions?

Chris Biggs
Engineer/CADD Services
New Horizons RV Corp.
2401 Lacey Drive
Junction City, KS 66441

Dell XPS 8300
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
16GB RAM
Win 8.1 Pro
Autodesk Product Design Suite 2014
Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
cbenner
in reply to: Cool_Breeze_Jr

You can create and publish custom parts to the Content Center.  You could start with either a new model, or perhaps in this case, copy an existing steel tube library that is close and modify the family table values to be 16 ga.  If you've never done that, I can help you there.

Message 3 of 13
Cool_Breeze_Jr
in reply to: cbenner

That would be great, when I get som free time to get it started. I was shown how to create a library in class but it has been a while. We will need to create one here sooner or later. Any info you can give will help out greatly! Thanks

Chris Biggs
Engineer/CADD Services
New Horizons RV Corp.
2401 Lacey Drive
Junction City, KS 66441

Dell XPS 8300
16GB RAM
Win 8.1 Pro
Message 5 of 13
Cool_Breeze_Jr

No,too costly a there are only two ofus in the same office. Hagerman sai it woul cost around $6,000 to get vaul up and running.

Chris Biggs
Engineer/CADD Services
New Horizons RV Corp.
2401 Lacey Drive
Junction City, KS 66441

Dell XPS 8300
16GB RAM
Win 8.1 Pro
Message 6 of 13
DarrenP

you do know vault comes with inventor inside the box?

$6000 is way to much for a 2 person operation they must have added a lot to be onsite at your office

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
Cool_Breeze_Jr
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes, Vault Basic 2013. I don't know enough to set it up. I loaded it on my pc and all my programs search for the "Vault Server" which I have no idea what that is. It's kind of a screwed up situation, My engineer is on a network license running Design Suite and I have a stand alone license with just Inventor. I believe we have to be on the same license to use tha vault right?

Chris Biggs
Engineer/CADD Services
New Horizons RV Corp.
2401 Lacey Drive
Junction City, KS 66441

Dell XPS 8300
16GB RAM
Win 8.1 Pro
Message 8 of 13
DarrenP

no

vault basic doesn't require its own license (the paid ones do) it uses the cad license in this case the inventor license

but thats a whole different thread on how it works

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 13
cbenner

Wether you are planning to set up Vault, or just go with local CC libraries, this would be a good place to start for some background info on getting started.  But I think I'd make that call (vault or not) before diving too deep into setting up libraries.

We are only 2 designers here, but also have several engineers.  We've been using Vault in one form or another since before Autodesk owned it.  (it was called truevault in those days).   The nice thing about it for a small company is that it makes it easy to share changes to common files, and also protects against 2 people trying to work on the same thing at the same time, and getting conflicting changes.

Message 10 of 13
Cool_Breeze_Jr

I agree with ya. I am a little in the dark with the whole setup on vault. I tried it a few times and every time I get this message that there is no server installed. This also goes with all microsoft products too. Gets very disturbing. So now I do not have vault installed (I took it off) but if what you are saying is true about ease of use between the two of us here in the office then I am all in and want to proceed with Vault. Now here is my current setup, I have a desktop here at work and my lead engineer has a laptop both with inventor 2013 loaded. We bought a WD mybook live 1TB to store our data and make it accessible out of office (He can access it from his laptop out of office and I can access it from my home PC) When we bought it, I moved all data (All Inventor files, .dwg's, pdf's, all MS documents) onto this cloud based drive. When I did that I opened up a .ipj and found that some .xls files could not be read. We think this happened becuase the original .ipj was created on my desktop at work and dropped likns somewhere. Adding to that, for some reason I lost views to my 'View Reps" meaning the actual names of the reps were there but when I clicked on them, there was no model shown in that view. Master works great but I have about 40 view reps created. I have to go back to master and highlight what I need visible in that rep, delete the view and re-create each rep which is very disgruntling and time consuming. But I digress....

So the rundown is as follows, we want to store our data on a cloud-based device and run vault on both machines that read from that cloud-based device. I am not even sure ifthis is possible without getting a IT pro and an Autodesk rep in here at the same time. I am pretty good with hardware and trying to solve some software issues. I know we might need to keep this thread alive for others to see this and be able to solve similar issues but I would rather use Skype and possibly Team Viewer to get help with this issue hoping I can trust the user with our data in their hands. Whats your thoughts?

Chris Biggs
Engineer/CADD Services
New Horizons RV Corp.
2401 Lacey Drive
Junction City, KS 66441

Dell XPS 8300
16GB RAM
Win 8.1 Pro
Message 11 of 13
cbenner

It sounds like you want to look into Vault 360.  I'm afraid that I have only very basic knowledge about setting up Vault, I've done one semi successful upgrade with IT help and A LOT of advice from people on these and other forums.  I would recommend a professional of some sort, though I know that will run into $$$.

There are a lot of arguments in both directions for a small group.  I'd hate to push you into Vault and have you hate it in 6 months.... I guess tread lightly and do some research.

This started off as a Content Center library issue and evolved from there.  I'm going to go back and reread your original post, to see if there is anything we can do to help you while you look into long term solutions.

Message 12 of 13
cbenner

lib.JPG

Try these steps to set up a library in your project file, it needs to be a read/write library.  Once you have a library of your own, you can copy CC items to it using a "save as".  Once it's in your library, you can modify the CC part however you need.

Message 13 of 13
Cool_Breeze_Jr

Ok I will try this in a little while, thx...Smiley Happy

Chris Biggs
Engineer/CADD Services
New Horizons RV Corp.
2401 Lacey Drive
Junction City, KS 66441

Dell XPS 8300
16GB RAM
Win 8.1 Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report