Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Part Browser Name

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
BrianBolam4894
590 Views, 6 Replies

Content Center Part Browser Name

What controls the name of a content center part in the browser?  If I insert a part as a custom, and give it a filename, I thought it used to make the name in the browser match the filename.  I've made some new parts for my content center, and I'd like them to display the filename in the browser if possible.  I'm running Inventor 2011 SP 1.

Brian

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: BrianBolam4894

What process did you use in naming your parts?  When you publish parts to the CC, whatever filename you give it should be the name it's given in the CC and the name it uses in the browser.

Message 3 of 7
BrianBolam4894
in reply to: Anonymous

John,

I made a copy of the ANSI Angle Equal Leg.  I then created a file using my new version, added some custom parameters/iproperties to it, and then replaced the family template with that file.  I did the same procedure for the ANSI Angle Unequal Leg, and it comes out correct.  I'm trying to figure out why some work and others don't.  I've attached a screenshot showing what I'm getting.  The parts with the "18000" prefix is they way I want it to look.

Brian

Message 4 of 7
cbenner

It looks to me like the "Occurance" name (which shows up in browser) is taken from the "Family Name" (found by right clicking item in CC and selecting Family Properties) and the "Designation" column in the Family Table.  I don't know why.... but this is what you see in the browser as far as I can tell.

You can override it one at a time by editing iProps, and changing the "occurance" name to match your file name... though that may be a lot of work.  Or you can juggle your family props and designation column info until it comes out the way you like it.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Brian,

Somehwere along the line, your workflow was different and your not getting the desired result.  Without knowing the actual step by step workflow, I couldn't tell you what is causing it.

I would recomend designing your own iPart of what you need and publish it, then you won't have the issue.  With a part like this, it shouldn't take very long at all. 

Message 6 of 7
BrianBolam4894
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks guys.  I can't remember my exact workflow, so I'm going to try and retrace my steps.

Brian

Message 7 of 7
pauldoubet

Brian,

I find it very helpful to create a different icon for use with my custom CC families. This will help to clearly define which family you are placing parts from. In some cases if the icon on your CC families are left the same as the original you will actually be placing a part from the original family instead of the custom family you created.

Hope this helps, Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report