Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Non-Unique Filename(s)

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
bcamilly
2268 Views, 6 Replies

Content Center Non-Unique Filename(s)

I'm having problems creating / editing custom families in Content Center.

I have a read/write library setup and am trying to add families of fasteners to it. (Different grades and coatings)

I save copy as the fastener I want (ex Hex Cap Screw)

I can edit the family properties fine.

When I edit the family table and try to save, I get an error saying non-unique filename(s) found. I have not added any rows to the table. I am only trying to edit the parts description and part number to reflect our internal ordering system. I looked through the table and cannot find any duplicates.

Using Inventor 2011 SP2, Vault Client Build 15.0.58.0, Vault Server original build

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: bcamilly

More than likely your filename column is set up as an expression using one or more of the columns you edited... somehow creating a non unique filename.  To check this, right click on the heading of the Filename column and select Column Properties.

Message 3 of 7
bcamilly

Even with out editing any columns, and only adding one new column to use internally, it complains about the filenames. This new family being an exact copy of the STD family included with inventor.

Message 4 of 7
-Aaron-

Bring the family table into Excel and sort the data.  I have had this issue where the original filenames were already duplicated and when I saved as a new, this error would come up.  I found that there were just doubles of 1 of the parts.  

-Aaron-
Formerly ASI_Aaron
i7-6700k
ASUS Z170-AR
Gigabyte GTX 970
16gb RAM
512gb Samsung 950 Pro
Message 5 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: -Aaron-

Good call, now that I think about it I had this happen on a fitting once, there was a duplicate and the error didn't pop up until I had copied the item into out custom CC.

Message 6 of 7
bcamilly
in reply to: -Aaron-

I found the issue, It was duplicate file names. The 1" bolts were all labeled as UNC even though the table numbers showed fine threads. I deleted the offending rows and all is well.

Message 7 of 7
karthur1

Here is how I found the duplicates in the massive list.  Use conditional formatting.

2014-05-05_1336.png

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report