Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Materials

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
brianiwaskewycz4200
1405 Views, 6 Replies

Content Center Materials

Please - someone help me before I bludgeon my forehead further.

I've searched this forum for a solution, and though I found threads with similar (or perhaps even the same) problems I'm having, nothing is working for me.

I'm trying to create a custom Content Center bolt that can be one of three different materials (6.8, 8.8, 10.9).  The materials are stored in our Styles Library, and the project specifies "Use Styles Library = Yes"; so the three materials are visible from the Content Center Editor.  The Material column in the Content Center Editor is defined to "Map To Inventor Property: Project.Material".  Everything looks fine.  But no matter what material I select, I get 6.8.

I've already got LOTS of parts published with custom materials and they all work fine, but the big difference is that these families are all the SAME material.  I'm having problems with getting a family to use DIFFERENT materials.

We're using Inventor 2009.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: brianiwaskewycz4200

No matter what material I select in the Material column in the CC Editor, the part always uses the material that was active when the part was published.

As an iPart, the material change works fine.  As soon as I publish it to our custom R/W library, it doesn't.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: brianiwaskewycz4200

I knew there was a reason I gave up on this discussion group. "Why are my diameter symbols appearing as n" gets fifty replies, each with the obligatory "Please click on 'Accept As Solution' if I've helped you and answered your question" in the signature, but ask a REAL question, and you hear the crickets chirping.

Message 4 of 7
HarryP108
in reply to: Anonymous

I have found exactly that myself. Ask anything with some depth and all the experts go for cover.

I came across this old thread as I am sick of seeing "mild steel" for my frame genarator parts. I wish dearly to change them to simple old "Steel"  - but for the life of me...

Regards

Inventor Professional.
Windows 10.
Message 5 of 7

They are strength grades (property classes), NOT materials

I put the class in the description 

eg

M20 HEX NUT (Gr:4)

STANDARD

eg AS1110 or BS EN ISO 4016 or...

Material

eg

ASTM A 193 or PARTICUALR MATERIAL YOU REQUIRE or GALVANISED STEEL or...

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 6 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: HarryP108

Well,... what have you tried?  Telling us you want to change it and can't figure it out is not enough information.  What workflow have you tried that isn't working... then maybe someone can diagnose the problem.

And, in my experience, the "experts" here have been extremely helpful.... when they know the answer to my questions and have the time in thier busy days to help out.  I for one appreciate all the help I get on here.

Message 7 of 7
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: Anonymous

go to where your cc parts are stored once they have been placed for first time.

delete cc part

remake using cc

your new part will have the new info.

when you place a part from cc it looks there first, if there is a file, cc uses it (with your old material) if it cant find the file it makes a new one from you family table data

rather than change the cc material, you may be better served by adding a new material (make sure you make material a key column so you can pick as option) also append the material alias to the filename

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report