Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
152 Views, 3 Replies

Content Center Files

We are just getting started with Inventor and one of our engineers has started using parts from the content center files. ie bolts, nuts, and washers. This is a great feature and we are very excited.

However, I tried to insert his assembly into an assembly that I am working on and all of the content center files are unable to load. They are pointing to somewhere on his personal hardrive I believe, in the documents and settings folder.

Obviously we are doing something wrong. I don't really even know where these library parts come from.

We are running on a network. If anyone has some insight on this I would be deeply appreciative.

Kelly
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Goto the first "page" in Content Center and hit the Edit button at the bottom. You can set "where" you want the Content Center stuff to be placed. You'll have to set it on each workstation. QBZ "kellyhoyer" wrote in message news:29995066.1105200906541.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > We are just getting started with Inventor and one of our engineers has > started using parts from the content center files. ie bolts, nuts, and > washers. This is a great feature and we are very excited. > > However, I tried to insert his assembly into an assembly that I am > working on and all of the content center files are unable to load. They > are pointing to somewhere on his personal hardrive I believe, in the > documents and settings folder. > > Obviously we are doing something wrong. I don't really even know where > these library parts come from. > > We are running on a network. If anyone has some insight on this I would > be deeply appreciative. > > Kelly
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

If you want to use the content library and make it available to different users on a network, I believe that you will need to place your content library in an accessible area on your network, and then set all clients to use that as their content library. The file path can be set for each project in the 'folder options', acessible in the project editor window. Derek "Quinn Zander" wrote in message news:41e00c29_1@newsprd01... > Goto the first "page" in Content Center and hit the Edit button at the > bottom. > > You can set "where" you want the Content Center stuff to be placed. You'll > have to set it on each workstation. > > QBZ > > > "kellyhoyer" wrote in message > news:29995066.1105200906541.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >> We are just getting started with Inventor and one of our engineers has >> started using parts from the content center files. ie bolts, nuts, and >> washers. This is a great feature and we are very excited. >> >> However, I tried to insert his assembly into an assembly that I am >> working on and all of the content center files are unable to load. They >> are pointing to somewhere on his personal hardrive I believe, in the >> documents and settings folder. >> >> Obviously we are doing something wrong. I don't really even know where >> these library parts come from. >> >> We are running on a network. If anyone has some insight on this I would >> be deeply appreciative. >> >> Kelly > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

To set the default location where Content Center generated parts will land, go to Tools / Application options / File. You can override this on a per-project basis in your ipj or leave it set to "Default". "kellyhoyer" wrote in message news:29995066.1105200906541.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > We are just getting started with Inventor and one of our engineers has started using parts from the content center files. ie bolts, nuts, and washers. This is a great feature and we are very excited. > > However, I tried to insert his assembly into an assembly that I am working on and all of the content center files are unable to load. They are pointing to somewhere on his personal hardrive I believe, in the documents and settings folder. > > Obviously we are doing something wrong. I don't really even know where these library parts come from. > > We are running on a network. If anyone has some insight on this I would be deeply appreciative. > > Kelly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report