Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center BUG - File --> Save As . . . new file retains old part #

41 REPLIES 41
Message 1 of 42
dick_upton
839 Views, 41 Replies

Content Center BUG - File --> Save As . . . new file retains old part #

I've run into another snag by adopting Content Center and moving away from iParts.

We will soon have all our staff creating custom parts from Content Center libraries, including angles, channels, Square and Rectangular tubes, flats, etcetera.

Currently, these custom parts - when saved as new parts, or copied to new parts - retain the original part number and browser node name. This is especially a problem since our part number = our part filename.

Example: Generate a plate 328463 from the custom library flat stock, save.
- Filename is 328463.ipt
- Browser node says 328463
- The Window title says 328463
- The part number says 328463

Perform File --> Saveas --> 328464
- Filename is 328464.ipt
- Browser node says 328463.ipt
- The Window title says 328463.ipt
- The part number says 328463

CLEARLY 328463 DOES NOT EQUAL 328464

Parts generated from blank templates and totally unrelated to the Content Center DO NOT behave this way. The instant they are Save As or Save Copy As, the part number updates, the browser node updates correctly and the Window title updates correctly. Not so with custom parts made from Content Center.

What a confusing mess!

How we will keep parts lists straight is a total mystery. Why do custom parts generated from Content Center libraries behave this way and how do you get them to behave "correctly" (correctly as in how every other part generated from scratch and from custom ipart factories behave)?
41 REPLIES 41
Message 41 of 42
dick_upton
in reply to: dick_upton

Dan,

I believe it is the identical issue you point out at http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6189445&tstart=0

Send me an email at dZiZcZk_upton@hotmail.com

I have some information for you.
Message 42 of 42
dick_upton
in reply to: dick_upton

Sorry forgot to mention to take out the capital Z's

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report