Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraint - Point to Line & Point to Surface

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2158 Views, 4 Replies

Constraint - Point to Line & Point to Surface

Is there anyway to constrin a work point to a curved line, or a work point to a curved surface. I need to constrain a cylinder inside a 180 degree & 890 degree bends in a pipe, and be able to make it travel thru the bend.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can create a work point at the intersection between a plane and a nonlinear curve. Also, you can create a work point at the intersection between a line and a curved surface. HTH, Glenn "rzazuliak" wrote in message news:7766689.1089991041795.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Is there anyway to constrin a work point to a curved line, or a work point to a curved surface. I need to constrain a cylinder inside a 180 degree & 890 degree bends in a pipe, and be able to make it travel thru the bend.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

> Is there anyway to constrin a work point to > a curved line, or a work point to a curved surface. I guess the anwer must be; "No". > I need to constrain a cylinder inside a > 180 degree & 890 degree bends in a pipe, > and be able to make it travel thru the bend. See attached. It, or something of the sort, might get you where you want to go. It does require some setup. Actually it's a bit of a pita and some of the requirements may not be evident to the casual observer, so holler if you want more info. Load Assembly1, look for assy workplane "MOTIVE" and its "DRIVER" constraint. (This works in IV7, suppose it should still work in 8 & 9. =====================================
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

thanks for the suggestion, I had actually done what you sent there with the transitional constraints, any like you said it does work but is a lot of work. The point to surface or point to line would be a lot better solution
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

"rzazuliak" wrote ... "thanks for the suggestion, I had actually done what you sent there with the transitional constraints, any like you said it does work but is a lot of work. The point to surface or point to line would be a lot better solution" Yes that would be a "user friendly" solution, wouldn't it? 8~) Maybe next year. ========================

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report