Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cone as split tool again

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
181 Views, 4 Replies

Cone as split tool again

Okay, the first model didn't work out, so I'm on my second try. I cannot get IV to select RevolutionSrf2 as the split tool to split ExtrudeSrf9. Can anyone get this to work? -Mike
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, I tricked IV into removing the unwanted part of the surface, but I could never get it to select that RevolutionSrf2. Now I have the problem that IV won't mirror, nor revolve the thickened feature that I created from my surfaces. Any ideas on any of this? -Mike "mpower" wrote in message news:406492b6_2@newsprd01... > Okay, the first model didn't work out, so I'm on my second try. I cannot > get IV to select RevolutionSrf2 as the split tool to split ExtrudeSrf9. Can > anyone get this to work? > > > -Mike > > > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Splits normally over here. Have you restarted maybe and checked to make sure only one inventor.exe is running in process? ~Larry "mpower" wrote in message news:40649f8d_1@newsprd01... > Well, I tricked IV into removing the unwanted part of the surface, but I > could never get it to select that RevolutionSrf2. Now I have the problem > that IV won't mirror, nor revolve the thickened feature that I created from > my surfaces. Any ideas on any of this? > > -Mike > > "mpower" wrote in message > news:406492b6_2@newsprd01... > > Okay, the first model didn't work out, so I'm on my second try. I cannot > > get IV to select RevolutionSrf2 as the split tool to split ExtrudeSrf9. > Can > > anyone get this to work? > > > > > > -Mike > > > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

>Icould never get it to select that RevolutionSrf2. Now I have the problem that IV won't mirror, nor revolve the thickened feature that I created from my surfaces. Any ideas on any of this.

On the first problem try switching the selection order - change selection to face and select the face to split and then change to split tool selection and select cone surface as the split tool. I have never seen this before, but it works to reverse the selection. Lesson learned - try everything.
The second problem, I don't think it is possible to use secondary operations line mirror or pattern on surfaces or features created from surfaces.
J.D.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

You are right! I can use the RevolutionSrf as the split tool if I first select the faces to split, then select the split tool. Bummer on the mirror. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report