Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Paterns & Folders

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JoelMckone
612 Views, 2 Replies

Component Paterns & Folders

I can easily move component patterns into a folder as long as all patterns are sequential in the browser.  However if I create another pattern that belongs to the folder but is created after the original patterns I cannot add it to the folder.  If I delete the folder and select the patterns I get an error message if I try to add them to a new folder (remember the patterns are not sequential).  I cannot move a pattern in the browser once created and if I move the part into the folder and then create the pattern it moves it back to the bottom of browser.  THe net result is I end up with a lot of 'orphaned' patterns.

Is there anyway anyway around this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: JoelMckone

Sadly 3+years later the answer is still NO.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/A-short-letter-from-a-component-pattern/td-p/2821634

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
JoelMckone
in reply to: mcgyvr

I expected as much - thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report