Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company Purchase Items

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tiger
137 Views, 1 Reply

Company Purchase Items

I am looking tosimplify the process in which my bill of materials are created. Being new to Inventor 2014 and under the gun to get the project out the door I am having to create drawings for my purchased parts. Is there a way to input the purchased items without having to create a .ipt or in some cases .iam into Inventor?

I'm thinking create a library to store all my purchased items, to put from, would this be a method?

Thanks,

Tiger  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mdavis22569
in reply to: tiger

You can create a library and path them in via the project file... We have 2 libraries here in our Vault... Purchase Pending ~ they are held here till they are verified and all the iproperties we require are put in .. From there it moves to Library ... where it can't be changed by anyone. Unless it's moved back to Purchase Pending and is rev'd up 1. If you're not using a vault ...then set it up on a Network work Drive that everyone has access to for "placing" components in your assemblies.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report