Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column headers missing in hole table

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
andrewiv
699 Views, 4 Replies

Column headers missing in hole table

I'm doing an idw and insert a hole table and all of my column headings are gone.  The really weird thing is when I go into the column chooser all the properties are there they just don't have any description.  I can select them and add or remove them, but the property description does not show up.  Has anyone else seen this and know what's causing it?

Inventor series 2011, Windows 7 x64 

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: andrewiv

New install of IV2012 x64 bit. I have this problem on multiple computers.

As you can see in the picture the column chooser has blank values in the available properties, when you add them to the selected values they are still blank, They show up on the column setting page, but are then blank again in the actual hole chart.

Is this a known bug wioth IV2012 x64 Bit or is it a settings problem. 

Message 3 of 5
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

I have tried to reproduce this issue, but I am not seeing the same behavior as you have reported in my Inventor 2012 on Win 7 64 operating system. Is the problem reproducible on your machine ? If  you cancel Hole Table Column Chooser dialog box and invoke it again, still has this issue ? If it continuously reproduce in your machine, would it be possible to provide more information that may help me reproduce this problem here ? for example, list your reproduce steps and attach your testing file.

It should be a refresh issue but I am not sure which setting (maybe hardware setting or application setting) will cause this. But you can try to set your Graphics Setting to Compatibility (go to Application Options dialog > Hardware tab) for double check.

Regards,

Kevin Li

SQA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

I'm already set to Compatibility in the Graphics Setting.

Also I'm running XP Pro 64 bit, and not win 7. I didn't state that very clear in my original post.

I think fixed it, but I don't know why. It looks like I have to add the column to the chart and then manual add the column name. Once that is done then it will show a property name. Or I can add the column then do a format column and make sure the heading box has the correct text in it. It defaults to the correct text but doesn't showup until you format column.

I have to update the heading then save it to the global style library. Looks like it happened during the style library update to 2012 from 2011.

Message 5 of 5
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi geois1st,

Very appreciate your reply and testing data, I can reproduce your problem at my side and DID1419250 is logged in our issue tracking database and development team is taking look at it.

Regards,

Kevin Li

SQA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report