Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colour Variation Using Design Views

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
223 Views, 3 Replies

Colour Variation Using Design Views

I desire to have the shell of my tower have it's outer face to be red on some models and white on other models it's used in. I figured I could do this using a design view, however if I only change the colour of the outer face in a design view, it seems to change it across all views. If I change the colour of the entire shell, then the design views seem to remain unique from one another. I don't really understand why the entire colour of my part has to change, is there any form of workaround is this just a limit of the software? Attached is an image showing the issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

It's because you are changing the face properties instead the solid color. There are different things. I think there's no workaround for that...

Any thoughts?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

Use iparts..

You can "override" a parts overall color in the assembly level but you cannot change the color of just one face in the context of an assembly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

I tried fooling around with iparts a bit but got lost trying to only change a single face of the colour... I ended up changing the whole body colour of each view and then changing every other face to be a galvanized colour across all views... Reversed the logic and it solved the problem, not the best solution but it worked!

Thank you for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report