Inventor General

Valued Mentor
Valued Mentor
wh
Message 11 of 13 (1,275 Views)

Re: Color changes Inventor 2013

07-22-2012 01:13 PM in reply to: wh

It took me some time for making the attachment, but perhaps it's a help for other people, too.

That's what I did (see picture):

I opened on the same PC and same screen two instances of Inventor with a same sized part (1000mm x 200mm x 10mm). The above instance was German Incentor 2012, below was English Inventor 2013. After that I used your existing translation list from 2012 to 2013, colored the parts with these settings and looked at the results.

As an Excel list, you can sort after each topic, that you want.  In the list you can find different backgrounds:

Green: Transition is acceptable for me

Bright orange: Look has changed from 2012 to 2013, but is acceptable

Dark orange: Look has changed significantly, I'd vote for a re-work

Yellow: Color was existent in 2012, but no equivalent can be found in 2013

Moving through the list for 2013, I found many colors with only slight differences. I could think of putting all 224 colors into a common IAM, and building sub-assys with similar color tones. I think, after doing that and comparing the results in the sub-assys several colors can be discarded.

Walter

Distinguished Contributor
signmeup
Message 12 of 13 (1,087 Views)

10-27-2012 09:21 AM in reply to: wh

I'm really struggling to find distinctive colours in this new list. A menu that was already bad is now made worse.

The colours are so dull. A selection I've looked at look nothing like the description.

"Unfinished"? Unfinished what?

I've made my own zinc chromate style in the past and it looked very realistic. This one looks rubbish.

Etc. etc.

I vote on the AUGI wishlist. I've never seen anyone wishing for this change.

Product Design Suite 2014, HP Z400 12Gb, Nvidia Quadro 2000
Valued Contributor
hosford
Message 13 of 13 (1,074 Views)

10-27-2012 12:28 PM in reply to: signmeup

It is simple, the guys at Autodesk are blind, and have no memory.

Each release has differences in the color/texture.

For a engineering program to be this bad on the basics, color and texture, is inexcusable.

the fact that we can add color to the surface, and texture is great, it allows us to show those who don't have a clue what we plan on doing, or what they have made us do, but it shouldn't be a whole project to do this.

If I want yellow, I should scroll down the list and find yellow, not some muted mustard color.

If I want black color, it shouldn't change the surface texture.

Talk about a hoot, try using the machining! Wow could we have something that looks like a machined surface?

M6700, i7-3820QM, 32GB, 512 SSD
Win 7 Ultimate 64
Nvidia K3000M
Inventor 2015

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube