Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Pallet Matching

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
8THDAYCAD
623 Views, 3 Replies

Color Pallet Matching

I use both AutoCAD and Inventor. Frequently, I need to output drawings from both programs to single printed or PDF documents. The issue I have discovered and am looking for help with is this:

I have chosen the exact same color blend for the color fills in my title block borders in each application. When I print them, whether it is to a printer or to PDF, the colors do not match. This matters to those up the chain from me.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the default color pallets to be the same in both applications? or in the direction to get the solution I need?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Andy Morrison
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: 8THDAYCAD

If you use the "Autodesk Appearance Library" color pallet for both and not the default Inventor pallet for Inventor, they should match up. The "Autodesk Appearance Library"  has been unified across platforms starting in IV2013 and moving forward.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
bob_holland
in reply to: 8THDAYCAD

8THDAYCAD,

You will also also want to use the same print driver for both.

You might want to try something like PDF995.

I have seen variation between different drivers.

Have a great rest of your day.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 4 of 4
8THDAYCAD
in reply to: blair

Thank you. This was exactly what I needed to do for my solution. Much appreciated!

Andy Morrison

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report