Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing "Associative" box has no affect on the visibility in the .idw.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kevin.palu
257 Views, 3 Replies

Clearing "Associative" box has no affect on the visibility in the .idw.

I have an .idw of an assembly.  I originally made a sub assembly invisible in the .iam and create a new base view.  The invisible assembly is not there as I would expect.  If I turn the visisbility back on in the .iam the part is now visible in the .idw even thogh I have cleared the "Associtave" box.  No matter what I do, I can't clear the assembly out of the .idw even if I go back to the .iam and make it invisible again.  This used to work in previous releases.  What now?

Atuodesk Inverntor 2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: kevin.palu

The associative box should be checked..not unchecked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
kevin.palu

That doesn't work.  Checking the box makes sure that the .idw follows the visibility of the .iam.  After going back and forth a few more times I was able to get the .idw the way I wanted it to look by unchecking the Associative box.  The problem is it won't stay that way.  The .idw print originally had the Accociative box cleared, but later on the visibilty started to follow the .iam later on.

Message 4 of 4
SBix26

In your assembly, create a new View Representation.  In this View Rep, turn off the visibility of the subassembly, then save.  In your drawing view, change the View Rep to the new one you created and make it associative.  Now the visibility is controlled by that new VR, which is neither Master nor Default.  As an aside, if you have moving parts in your assembly, create a Positional Rep for your drawing with everything locked in the position you want to show.  Then you can move things in the assembly without messing up your drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report