Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classiv UI Inventor 2012...stability?????

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tahdesign1
556 Views, 3 Replies

Classiv UI Inventor 2012...stability?????

So I have seen a couple of threads that show a repeatable method for making IV2012 give you the option to change to the Classic UI. The vast majority of my users want this UI back but if the method for setting this is not stable I will not do it.

It appears you must interupt Task Sch while running IV to make this appear.

I would love to hear from a adsk person as to the stability of forcing IV2012 to give you the option for the Classic UI.

Also since this UI is obviously still available in the programming why were we not allowed to easily make the choice for ourselves to begin with?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: tahdesign1

Since its not supported.. Its probably not quality checked nearly as much as the ribbon if at all. Learn to use the ribbon. It's really not that bad.  Your choice was taken away by Microsoft.. They force their partners to use the ribbon.

Change is good.

Hopefully you have realized how great a 3d controller like a spacepilot/navigator is.. If not get one of those for you users and they will be very happy in a week or so. ribbon or not

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
Vlad.Makarov
in reply to: tahdesign1

It is a simple registry tweak. Close Inventor, edit the registry, restart Inventor. As someone who has used it, the classic side is not stable. I have found at least two repeatable bugs that exist in the classic version that do not exist when running the ribbon. Therefore I would advise against it.
Vlad.Makarov
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

Change is good.

Except when it isn't. The Inventor ribbon has not increased my productivity. Commands that were in logical places have now been moved to illogical places. Mouse travel has increased. Click amounts have increased. So what part of this change is good? In other news, polar bears are drowning in the ocean because they don't have enough ice to hunt on. But I guess change is good?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report