Inventor General

*Pro
jletcher
Message 51 of 99 (1,174 Views)

Re: Classic menu in Inventor 2013

05-31-2012 01:36 PM in reply to: scottmoyse

I like the hud but if I had to lose the hud for my classic so be it. 

And like I said I would run circles around your ribbon.... (I know this for a fact)

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

James Letcher
2012 Factory Design Suite ( will not load 2013)
What happen to my Inventor :-(
*Expert Elite*
scottmoyse
Message 52 of 99 (1,165 Views)

05-31-2012 01:54 PM in reply to: jletcher

jletcher wrote:

I like the hud but if I had to lose the hud for my classic so be it. 

And like I said I would run circles around your ribbon.... (I know this for a fact)

I think you will find Ribbon & HUD users are equally as certain (Fact)

Cheers
Scott Moyse

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Cheers!

Valued Contributor
schae235
Message 53 of 99 (1,165 Views)

05-31-2012 02:05 PM in reply to: jletcher

jletcher wrote:

LOL no you will not get hurt. Yes you will with all the clicks you have to do now your click finger is going to hurt like heck. Tust me mine is killing me click click click click click UGH...............

jletcher wrote:

... Don't like shortcut keys, don't like typing lol. No I have to many other things to remember than shortcuts.  

All software will require some kind of user input.  If you don't like typing and you don't like clicking maybe you should try drafting tables and the tools that go along with? 

Seriously how much time have you wased complaining in the fourms? Probably more time than it would take to do two mouse clicks or the time it takes to learn a few shortkeys. 

I'm not trying to be a jerk/a$$ but change is a part of life.  If you want the "Classic UI" then don't upgrade, I don't see the point of a disagreement where someone's arguments are invalid because he is a "demo guy".  You should be trying to disprove the arguments because of logic not because they came from someone on the opposing side. 

INV 2012 SP1
Windows 7 64 Bit
ATI FirePro V5800
14.0 GB RAM
*Expert Elite*
scottmoyse
Message 54 of 99 (1,153 Views)

05-31-2012 03:34 PM in reply to: schae235

Amen!

Cheers
Scott Moyse

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Cheers!

Valued Contributor
Millehuse
Message 55 of 99 (1,120 Views)

06-01-2012 05:05 AM in reply to: jletcher

I am humbled by Mark's patience .. I would have snapped 10 posts ago.

*Pro
jletcher
Message 56 of 99 (1,097 Views)

06-01-2012 05:35 AM in reply to: schae235

schae235 Wrote:

You should be trying to disprove the arguments because of logic not because they came from someone on the opposing side.

I did One click v.s. three click you tell me what is faster.......

And if you read I was one of those demo guys thats why I can say what I am saying plus 3 of my clients had his services and they faild to help. They could not get the client up and running. So at their last hopes they called me before changing to pro-e wild fire or solidworks. They are up and running and loving Inventor now. So for some one trying to tell me they know what a client needs are and failed to help tells me demo guy has no clue.

Sorry if I am rude but I just say whats on my mind.

And it don't matter like every one elsehas said leave the option there.

Not everyone uses inventor the same. But that is how his company looks at it. And I know this because I worked there and most of the calles I get tell me they and autodesk faild to help after paying them lots of cash. Now I am not saying they cannot help anyone but the three clients I have they could not help. I could go on but I will not I am done If he cannot see one click is faster than three and Autodesk cannot see this than so be it. I have the right to express my concerns with the way Inventor is moving forward and this is a cost concern with my clients. Most users are from Autocad some use keyboard some use icons and when a new user is tryinf to learn the classic view was much faster and easier for them to remember. Trying to remember what tab and what icon is hard for some. now the classic was smart the did not have to change tabs Inventor did it for you. So telling me they learn faster with the ribbon I disagree. I agree on the age thing the older do have harder time with it. But if you look those are the people you are trying to convert to Inventor and trust me in a demo showing a smooth flow v.s. this tab that tab back to this tab over t that tab scares them. When my client seen the new interface he frecked out and said well I guess I am done with Inventor it was hard enough to remember what each icon did.

So have fun with this one but you will never prove the ribbon is better. now the marking menu nice and I program, you cannot tell me they needed the ribbon to do the marking menu. And trying to tell me microsoft forces programers to put this new interface in I have to say no again.

You keep the ribbon I will find a way to make it into classic.....

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

James Letcher
2012 Factory Design Suite ( will not load 2013)
What happen to my Inventor :-(
Valued Mentor
Mason-Paul
Message 57 of 99 (1,100 Views)

06-01-2012 05:39 AM in reply to: Millehuse

I can appreciate BOTH sides of the argument but I don't see it as an argument of like or dislike it an argument for individual preferences

Scenario 1

A young engineer leave Uni he's been using the ribbon all his time goes into a new job with a copy who has not update from IV 2010 sits down at his workstation see the Classic interface and says what the */*$$$ I've never seen this!!!!

Scenario 2

A old experienced engineer moves to a new company he's been using the Classic interface all his time he goes into this  new job with a company who has updated all its IV seats to 2013 sits down at his workstation see the Ribbon  interface and says what the */*$$$ I've never seen this!!!!

In both case the users are present with something they've never come across before IF they were BOTH presented with the same option to change the interface, as in  2011, they could chose what ever interface to use and get on with the job from the get go, and may be if they were of the mind learn the other interface at there OWN pace.

Those fore the ribbon will pick scenario 1 as an argument for the ribbon where those against will use scenario 2 as an argument against the ribbon. Those who read the scenarios will seen the argument for users chose.

I've used both interfaces I don't favor one over the other, they BOTH get the job done. BUT I am of the opinion that we "THE USERS" should have that choice of what interface we want to use with out loss of functionality.

================
Inventor 2014 Pro

HP xw8400 workstation
2 x Xeon duel-core 3Ghz CPU , 32 GB Ram
64bit Windows 7 Pro

AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
*Pro
ampster
Message 58 of 99 (1,076 Views)

06-01-2012 06:03 AM in reply to: jletcher

since they recently discovered a Mayan calendar that goes beyond 12/21/2012, I'll bookmark this thread and come back in a few years to see how things played out. 

But really, enough is enough.  Accept that software will change and that you can demand a specific UI in this forum, but are the people who needs to listen to your input actually paying any attention to this forum?

Too many people post here thinking Dr. Otto Descus actually reads this stuff when in fact it's for the Simpleton Modelers to post/read, not the coders or evil Dr. Otto Descus.

Good luck hanging onto something that's obviously on the way out.

Distinguished Contributor
dick_upton
Message 59 of 99 (1,059 Views)

06-01-2012 06:37 AM in reply to: ampster

Petition, anyone?? :cattongue:

What ampster said. bookmarked.

Contributor
l.crisan
Message 60 of 99 (1,009 Views)

06-01-2012 11:01 PM in reply to: Mason-Paul

I'm totally agree with Paul. If Autodesk really cares about clients/users MUST leave the switch option on Application Option.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube