Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circular Pattern Feature Revolution

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
818 Views, 2 Replies

Circular Pattern Feature Revolution

I'm sure that other people in other revisions of Inventor wished to have the same flexibility in choosing to rotate or not rotate features in a circular pattern, as in AutoCAD's Polar Array command.

I hope this makes it to a feature wish list.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can accomplish this with the Rectangular Pattern command by selecting a circular path. If you expand the rectangular pattern dialog (with the ">>" button) there is an "Orientation" setting. If this is "Identical" the features will not be rotated, if it is "Direction1" they will rotate. To get this to work properly you need to select a Start point (also in the expanded part of the dialog) on the circular path at the "center" of the features you are patterning. The start point can be a sketch point, or a work point. Hope that helps. Tom Sturtevant Inventor Part Modeling "g.fleming" wrote in message news:27669337.1078417692647.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I'm sure that other people in other revisions of Inventor wished to have the same flexibility in choosing to rotate or not rotate features in a circular pattern, as in AutoCAD's Polar Array command. > > I hope this makes it to a feature wish list.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You CAN do this but only in the Rectangular Pattern command when you array down a path (sketch line, edge) The trick with circles is to specify a start (sketch) point on the sketch. QBZ "g.fleming" wrote in message news:27669337.1078417692647.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I'm sure that other people in other revisions of Inventor wished to have the same flexibility in choosing to rotate or not rotate features in a circular pattern, as in AutoCAD's Polar Array command. > > I hope this makes it to a feature wish list.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report