Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circle and object

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
vincentruhe
479 Views, 5 Replies

Circle and object

I don't know how to call this problem, but bear with me.

As you can see by the screenshots. I need to smooth the circle out with main object. 

You see a triangle that i made, and tried to using it with extrude but didn't get any result. 

Inventor has given me then a error saying: self intersecting paths loops invalid.

I hope you men/woman could understand this problem, since my explanation isn't that great.

Any solutions or ideas are greatly appreciate

Kind regards,

Me

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wimann
in reply to: vincentruhe

Sounds like the sketch profile might have overlapping sections on a very minute level. Meaning that somewhere, I'd bet, if you zoomed in really close, you'd have a self-intersecting profile.

My suggestion: redo the sketch and use as few lines as possible to create your closed profile. I see quite a few overlapping lines in your sketch but without having the part file, I can't isolate the problem.

If you'd like, you can upload the part file here and I'll see if I can simplify it. If you're new to inventor, your part can likely be built with a much simpler set of features/sketches.

Thanks,

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 3 of 6
mdavis22569
in reply to: wimann

It doesn't look closed ..the bottom area that is ..it looks yellow still. Then you need to removed the long blue line that goes to the hole .. This is from just looking at the pictures ..if you post the model that would help

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
vincentruhe

Fixed it, has it was stated by wimann there were quite a bit of unneccecary sketches that were overlapping with my to be extrude sketch. i deleted those with some other unneccecary lines.  At the moment i am learning inventor at school, so not total new to this program. Just never encounter this type of problem.

See results at attachment 14.jpg.

Thanks for the fast respons!

Message 5 of 6
JDMather

I recommend that you attach your *.ipt file here for comment.

I suspect you are almost certainly doing wayyyyy too much work, and someone here can show you a much easier technique.

Get Lazy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
wimann
in reply to: JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

I recommend that you attach your *.ipt file here for comment.

I suspect you are almost certainly doing wayyyyy too much work, and someone here can show you a much easier technique.

Get Lazy!

Second.

Looks like you've got 5 features (not to mention sketchs) for something that can probably be drawn with 1 sketch/feature.

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report