Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose Continue when placing Ballons or Leader Text

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jl
Participant
326 Views, 4 Replies

Choose Continue when placing Ballons or Leader Text

In Inventor 2012, you could choose Balloon, select a part, click at some location and the Balloon was placed and finished. Now in Inventor 2013 you have to right-click and choose Continue. The same applies, when you want to place a Leader Text (and maybe elsewhere as well).

Why do we suddenly have to make two additional clicks compared to Inventor 2012. It doesn't help, that you can press Enter instead of the additional mouse clicks.

And why is the Open Drawing moved to second level. The Marking Menu is of no help, especially not in the tree browser.

Why do you Inventor designers make such changes that make Inventor more annoying to operate compared to the previous version. It should be the other way around....like the brilliant inclusion of Open Drawing.

regards,

Jorn

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jingyi.liu
in reply to: jl

Hi Jl

Comparing Inventor 2012 , Inventor 2013 has same behavior on placing balloon or leader text, right-click and choose continue, or press Enter to confirm current positioning. 

I do agree with you that it's inconvenient to find the open drawing command now,  since you mentioned Marking menu, here is a workaround that you can customize marking menu, at least it can help you put things right once and for all.

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 3 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: jl

Placing balloons has always required finishing, since you could continue clicking to place additional jogs in the leader.  But did you know that double clicking to place the balloon finishes the command?  I think I learned this accidentally when I got a little too "twitchy" with the mouse button one day.

Message 4 of 5
jl
Participant
in reply to: SBix26

The double-click is the solution for both Ballon and Leader Text. We didn't know it here. Thanks 🙂

Regards,

Jorn

Message 5 of 5
jl
Participant
in reply to: jingyi.liu

To Jingyi Liu

The Marking menu is not perfect since you need to press Ctrl while right-clicking. Unfortunately I cannot now recreate how I did in Inventor 2012 (must try at home where 2013 is yet not there to maybe interfere). But the double-click solution by sbixler must be the solution for me.

Thanx for your answer.

regards,

Jorn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report