Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the LoD of the assembly that a drawing view represents using the API

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
282 Views, 4 Replies

Changing the LoD of the assembly that a drawing view represents using the API

I need to do so because the dwg can take up to 30 seconds to open if i use the master LOD but when i use a stripped down LOD it loads in about 5 seconds.

So, i want the drawing view to be saved using the stripped down LoD and after the dwg opens, change the LoD to master.

How can I achieve this? I searched a lot but i couldn't find any solution. Thank you for your time!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: Anonymous

are you doing some API coding and need to add this additional functionality then?

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 3 of 5
mrattray
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't understand what you're hoping to accomplish here. If you load the drawing (we are talking about an .idw or .dwg file here, right?) with the view set to your custom view, you'll still have to load all of the same files when you switch it to master. I think your load time will end up being longer, due to the execution of code in addition to the same amount of load time.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

exactly
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mrattray

(yes we are talking about a dwg file)
Well I had thought of that too, but no. I think that the loading time wont be the same. In a test I did, I saved the dwg document with the views being at another LoD witch has much less detail and when I tried to open it, the loading time plus the time i takes for it's iLogic rule to run, took about 15 sec less than the time it takes for the same amount of work at the same machine with toe Lod of the views set to the LoD of maximum detail.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report