Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Home View (Isometric View)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
12446 Views, 5 Replies

Changing Home View (Isometric View)

I know that F6 is a quick way to display an isometric view of your model but how do you get to keep any changes that you make to the home view so that the next time you start the Inventor software, the new home view is still there? Everytime I make changes to the home view and close the software down, it loses the changes I've made and reverts back to the default home view.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

there is where providing the version of Inventor would help as there are
a couple of ways to do this depending on which version you are using.

Going by your description of "home view" I take it you are using a
version of Inventor which has the ViewCube.

After setting up your view however you like, right click on the ViewCube
and choose "Set Current View as Home" then choose either option, "Fixed
Distance" or "Fit to View".

this works in Inventor 2009 at least.
Message 3 of 6
evertonuliQ6BHG

"...I know F6 is a quick way to display an isometric view of your model, but how do you keep all the changes you make to the home view so that the next time you start Inventor software, the new home view is still over there ? Whenever I make changes to the initial display and close the software, it loses the changes I made and returns to the default view of my home....."

The new doubt, is that every time I open a new model I have to configure this "fit to view".
As I leave this option with default forever when opening the inventor already be configured as I want the viewcube to stay.
Message 4 of 6

Hi! The change should have saved to the file itself and it should persist regardless of sessions. Could you provide an example showing the Home View resets back to system default? Please post it here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hello everyone I'm new to inventor, I got some sheet metal parts I'm trying to get into 2D to make some programs but the inventor files home positions are off so i have more like a 3D model at the end. Example i have two holes over lapping in the Z axis. my question is whats the best way to correct this?

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! Could you share the file here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)? I have hard time picturing the issue myself.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report