Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change parent view of a detail or section view

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ianstern
1493 Views, 2 Replies

Change parent view of a detail or section view

Is there a way to change the parent view of a section or detail view after the detail or section is created? I am using Inventor 2011.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mdavis22569
in reply to: ianstern

If I'm reading this right you want to change the parent view orientation ...which would change the way the section looks...

if so this is how ..if not let us know

Untitled 2.png

Untitled.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
ianstern
in reply to: mdavis22569

Thank you for your quick replay mdavis. However, that is not what I am asking about.

When creating a detail or section view, the first thing one does is select the parent view of that detail or section. After placing the detail or section, the new view is derived from the parent view. You can move the detail or section cut around on a parent view and detail/section view will change to reflect the new location.

What I am asking is, can I change the parent view to another view on the drawing, such that the detail or section view is now derived from a completely different view than the original? I can find no way of doing this.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report