Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Tube Size Problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
iUser
341 Views, 2 Replies

Change Tube Size Problem

Hi All,

I am having a problem changing my tjube sizes. Basically when I create a new route and populate the route, I want to be able to change the size without adding hundreds of sizes to the library. So I right click on the tube and select change size. The when I select a different size and select apply nothing happens? I push update and still nothing happens? When I try to change the tubing size again it shows the size that I change it to but the tube doesn't visually change? I have noticed the same with the hose. What I also noticed is when you change the size on pipes it does change. So can someone please explain to me how it is possible to change the piping sizes by right clicking on it and select change size when this function doesn't seem to work on the tube and hose? I am still very new to the pipe and tjube, but I believe if the option is there it should work?

Kind regards,

iUser

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: iUser

Hello,

What version of Inventor are you using?  Would it be possible to post a small dummy assembly that shows this behavior for folks here to play with?

Meanewhile, I will try to play with this on my test system to see if I can duplicate it... but I am on 2013 so results may not be the same.

UPDATE:

I have been able to duplicate this with 2013, using the only tube style I have active right now, a copper tube.  I created a run at 1/2", including a coupling in one spot.  Route populated as expected.  Change size appears to work as you mentioned, and DOES work on the fitting.... but the tube size does not update.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Was there ever a resolution or explanation to this problem?  It would seem that with the complexity of changing rigid piping size that changing tube or hose size would be easy.

Thanks,

Keith

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report