Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Student 2013 to Full Version of 2013

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jgiglio
3005 Views, 8 Replies

Change Student 2013 to Full Version of 2013

I currenly have the student version of Inventor 2013 but my employer has additional seat licenses.  Do I need to uninstall and re-install in order to change over to the full version, if I have the prouct key and serial  info?  

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mrattray
in reply to: jgiglio

I would recommend posting in the installation/licensing forum. This forum is for help with using the sofware, you'll get better help with this problem in the other forum.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 9
JDMather

No, do not unistall/reinstall.

Simply go to Help>About Inventor>Product Information and click Update next to the Serial Number.

In fact, if you did do the uninstall/re-install you would accomplish nothing and waste several hours as the re-install would simply pick up the original student license.

Of course - do not use any student license created work in the newly commercial licensed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 9
blair
in reply to: JDMather

Any work done with the Educational version can't be used for work. Any file(s) opened and saved in the Educational version will be "contaminated" with the "Educational Version". This will find it's was to any drawings produced.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 9
philip.s
in reply to: blair

Hi Jonathan,

There are actually additional steps that you would need to take when transitioning from a student to commercial license to prevent the license from reverting back and contaminating any commercial work with a watermark / edu plot stamp. Specifically

1. Uninstall EDUCATIONAL version.
2. Install COMMERCIAL version The software will still be in in EDUCATIONAL mode.
3. Uninstall the software again.
4. You may need to display/show hidden files, find out how by clicking on the links below:

Windows XP
Windows Vista/7

5. Remove .data file:

Windows 7
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup.001

Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup.001

6. Install COMMERCIAL version.

Message 6 of 9
shooktj

Do any of these work for Maya 2013 as well going from a student version to a Full version?

Message 7 of 9
philip.s
in reply to: shooktj

They sure do Theresa! The above solution is generic to all Autodesk products installed on a Windows OS.

Message 8 of 9
mslosar

Just remember as mentioned above, all files made with a student version are permanently branded and there is no method out there to remove the educational branding.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

@jgigliowrote:

I currenly have the student version of Inventor 2013 but my employer has additional seat licenses.  Do I need to uninstall and re-install in order to change over to the full version, if I have the prouct key and serial  info?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report