Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Library Content Centre status from Read Only to Read/Write

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Infoseeker
13697 Views, 17 Replies

Change Library Content Centre status from Read Only to Read/Write

How to do it?

I am using Inv/Vault Pro 2011.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Infoseeker
in reply to: Infoseeker

Content Centre Libraries are stored on a server and I cant access Data Management Console from Programs\Autodesk Data Management, its jsut not there.

Message 3 of 18
pauldoubet

The attached document might be helpful.

If not please be more specific about what you are trying to do.

Hope this helps, Paul

Message 4 of 18
Infoseeker
in reply to: pauldoubet

Sorry but can't find there anyting about changing a particular Library CC Status from Read Only to read/Write.

The closest is "... the user must first create read/write library..." which is hardly indepth...

Message 5 of 18
pauldoubet

Correct, you can't change the read/write status of the CC libraries that come with Inventor. You have to copy them to your own Custom Content Center library.

Does this help? Or do you have a more specific question? Why do you think you need to change the read/write status?

Paul

Message 6 of 18
Infoseeker

I have the folder copied (thats been done by whoever installed IV here), I just need to change its status to Read/Write.

Message 7 of 18
pauldoubet

If you are referring to changing the 'Read Only' shown in the dialog box below then you don't understand what you need to do, the status of the libraries shown can't be changed. You must create your own custom library and by default it is 'Read/Write'.

Perhaps you could post a screen capture of what you have so far.

Paul

Read Write Library.png

Message 8 of 18
Infoseeker

Well, as I said, I have the CC Libraries created, just as you do on your screenshot. Third line from the bottom.

The only difference is that yours is set to Read/Write and mine is to Read Only.

Message 9 of 18
pauldoubet

You have done something incorrectly, custom libraries are created as Read/Write. Do you have the same icon next to your library as all of the others or is it the same icon as on my screen capture.

Paul

Message 10 of 18
Infoseeker

Pic attached.

Message 11 of 18
Infoseeker

Got it going, apparently it was IT permission set up.

Message 12 of 18
jwilliams

Would you mind elloborating on waht you did to solve this problem for the benefit of others with the same issue?

Joe Williams
Rogers-O'Brien Construction
Revit Gunslinger
Message 13 of 18
Infoseeker
in reply to: jwilliams

Its was a matter of granting Vault administrator privileges to a particular user. Thats all I can tell you - all the clicking was done by IT department.

Message 14 of 18
jwilliams

Thanks for the extra info.
Joe Williams
Rogers-O'Brien Construction
Revit Gunslinger
Message 15 of 18
eric

Just for whoever is still having problems with this, if you are trying to access a custom library and the status still is read only, run Inventor as administrator and it should be read/ write. This is required probably because the content center library (idcl) is in a location requiring administrator privileges.

Message 16 of 18
autodeskpelinder
in reply to: eric

My own content center library is "read only" and I have done many changes in them before, but never in Inventor 2020.

When I open Inventor as an administrator I can not find any files and not even see my content center libraries. It doesn´t hapends anything when I press the button.

Johan Sweden
Message 17 of 18

Hi Johan,

More than likely you have not migrated Content Center libraries to 2020 yet. To do that, go to Project dialog -> find Configure CC Library button on the right at the bottom. There you can migrate the libraries and also include the ones you want.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 18 of 18
sam_dobell

I also encountered this issue, and the solution ended up being:

Right click on .idcl file or Content Centre folder in Windows Explorer

Go to the Security tab

Edit Permissions

Add "Users" as a group or user names

Give user Read/Write permissions

I think this might be something to do with Azure, but it only recently affected everyone in our workplace. 

Our IT person managed to figure it out with some trial and error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report