Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Direction of Velocity in Dynamic Simulation

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
j_berry
289 Views, 0 Replies

Change Direction of Velocity in Dynamic Simulation

I am trying to simulate the motion of a box on a conveyor transitioned to a tilt tray. The box will move along the conveyor until it reaches the tilt tray, at which point the box will be positioned on top of the tilt tray and begin to move along the direction of the tray.

The following video somewhat illustrates what I am trying to do. Instead of people placing items on the trays as in the video, I will have a conveyor sliding items onto the trays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU6gTu26mk0

I can manipulate the box and tray to move to the end of the conveyor, but I do not know how to switch the direction of travel for the box so that it moves with the tray. For simplicity, both are traveling at the same velocity.

I do not know how to constrain a part/subassembly along a path defined by a sketch (constrained to a sketch line, not to a 3-D edge or face). This would be the easiest way to do this. The box doesn't actually need to "catch" on to the surface of the tray. It just needs to visually move onto the tray, then move at the same speed and direction of the tray.

I have attached an example assembly and added some spatial joints and velocities in Dynamic Simulation.

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 SP2
Windows 7 Pro SP1
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums