Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain iPart dimensions not updating

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
665 Views, 8 Replies

Certain iPart dimensions not updating

Hi,

A few weeks ago I created an iPart for a custom flange with various sizes, today I have added a new row to the family for a new size. Most of the dimensions work fine but two of them are not translating to the sketch/model from the table.

All dimensions that are working correctly lie on one sketch and the dimensions that are not changing correctly are on a seperate sketch.

The flange is made from a single revolve and then the bolt holes were added seperately as a single extrusion which was then patterned.

The dimensions are correct on the family table but are incorrect when I go into the particular parts parameters.

Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong? 

(I am using IV 2014)

Thanks in advance for any info.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you either tried generating the files again after changing them in the table and then "Rebuilding All" the ipart?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks for the reply,

The steps I took based on your suggestion were;

get part from content centre (into an existing assembly) -> choose the size I recently created -> right click and open part -> manage -> Rebuild all

The dimensions in the parameters table and on the physical model are still wrong, and the family table is still correct Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 9
Cadmanto

I am not seeing anywhere in your steps where you opened up the factory file and selected all of the members, then RC'd and generated the files.  I have experienced before the files get generated nothing is transfered down to drawings.  This is what I think is happening to you.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Ok I have gone into the factory file and changed the ipart table to match the family table, but I don't know what 'RC' is?

I have highlighted all of the sizes under the table drop-down in the browser and selected 'Rebuild All' in the Manage tab then saved the file, but when placing the component from the content centre in an assebly it still has the wrong dimensions. Do I need to publish the part again or something?

Sorry I'm pretty new to Inventor as I'm sure you can tell Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 9
Cadmanto

No problem.  We'll firgure it out.  Smiley Happy

"RC" means Right Click.

Just so you know the term "Family Table" (while also used in Pro-E world) in Inventor is the table that is edited within the content center editor.

What I was talking about is when you have your factory file open, under the browser if you expand out the table

you will see something like below.  If you select the members and RC you will see the folowing menu.  Select "Generate Files" and this is what I was talking about in my earlier posting.  Do this and see if it resolves your issue.

files.JPG

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Yes that's sorted it - thankyou so much! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 9
Cadmanto

Glad that did it.  Just remember that anytime you make any changes no matter how minor they might be, you have to regenerate the files each time.  Not all of them necessarily, but at the very least the members that did change.

Glad I could help.  Smiley Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Ok I'll bear that in mind - thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report