Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centerline Bisector in Sketch Mode

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
laysengineer
2428 Views, 3 Replies

Centerline Bisector in Sketch Mode

Is it possible to use the ""Centerline Bisector" command in the sketch enviroment. I want to add a centerline of a hole on a sketch on my part, but I only want to select two lines and have the centerline generated.

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: laysengineer

Can you post a screen shot of what you're trying to do?  I'm confused... usually in a sketch, holes appear as circles?  Or are you referring to an existing hole from a side view?

Message 3 of 4
laysengineer
in reply to: cbenner

When creating the drawing I can find Centerline Bisector command under the Annotation menu, but I do not know how to do this under the Sketch menu when modeling.

Message 4 of 4
harco
in reply to: laysengineer

There is no centreline bisector in model sketch so you won't be able to automatically produce and constrain centreline with 2 clicks.
Here is a possible method to get a solution.
You would need to draw a normal line and set the format to centreline.
To constrain the centreline you can use a construction line constrained to the mid points of the virtual hole side edges.
This may not be required if you project the hole end edge and constrain to the mid point(possible problems with projection of round edge from revolved solid).
You may need to dimension the centreline length relative to the hole depth to give end overshoot.
See image.
Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums