Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Center of mass/gravity location

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
25446 Views, 4 Replies

Center of mass/gravity location

Hi,

How can see visually the center mass of a part or assembly?

When I'm checking in the Iprop., I see the center of gravity coordinates, but it there a way to "see" it (some visual representation)

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
GSE_Dan_A
in reply to: Anonymous

In the ribbon click View.
At the left side you should see Center of Gravity. 
Click this button.  Prompt willl notify you that the Center of Gravity is Out of Date.  Click OK

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

HI ALL

I have an issue with CG function.I have an 3d model that one end is heavier than the other end,so the CG should be at

the heavier end where the mass is concentrated but it shows the CG at the other end.The question can the user trust this CG in this Inventor? Or should I upgrade the service pack to the next version?

Pete

Message 4 of 5
blair

When ever service pack's are available, it's always advantageous to install them. They are done to fix known issues.

If your COG looks out of place and funny. Take an in depth look at the materials in each of the IPT's. It's easy to create a IPT from "Default" and not have the proper mass of the item or the correct COG because of the incorrect material and mass.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
kstate92

Any non-native parts?  I seem to recall folks having mass issues with imported parts, but can't recall the particulars - maybe parts not being solids but surfaces?

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report