Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catia Mailbox?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
micromatic
1007 Views, 5 Replies

Catia Mailbox?

To All:

My company is an OEM and I have a customer that will only send me the 3D models of their piece parts that I need if I have a 'Catia Mailbox'. I have never delt with this issue before. Usually my customers send either a .stp or .sat file. My guess is there is a company out there that can handle this type of situation. I would need a source that can accept the files and then translate them into a model that I can use. Please contact me if you can help.

We are currently using Inventor 2008.

Thank you,

Wiley

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: micromatic

Well first thing I would do is ask your "customer" about how you can setup a "catia mailbox".

Is your customer GM as this is the only information I found about it.  http://www.fastsync.com/gm-eds.htm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
micromatic

My customer is Chrysler. Even if I get a Catia Mailbox setup, I will still need the models translated to something I can use.

Message 4 of 6
rdyson

Anyone with IV 2010 (I think, maybe 2009) or newer "should" be able to open them and save as step. If you want to send me one, I'll give it a shot for you.

PDSU 2016
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I think the only way you can get a Catia mailbox is to have Catia.

Check this out: http://www.3ds.com/products/catia/portfolio/catia-v5/all-products/domain/Infrastructure/product/CD1/...

Message 6 of 6
arjan.rangar

Hi, did you manage to get the Catia Mailbox to work? Chrysler is our customer as well and they have asked me for the same thing. 

I currenly have catia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report