Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant use a specific parameter in a dimension

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
DeerSpotter
295 Views, 4 Replies

Cant use a specific parameter in a dimension

So im trying to make an equation using some info that i have. (((d00-(1)*.1875)+((d34*2)*d00)) 

that equation will determine where the plane is in relation to the amount of rings in the assembly. (i need the plane to be in the middle)

d00 is the amount of rings (thats the paramemter that drives how many rings there are)

d34 is half of the ring, so we multiply that to get 7.

.1875 is the space between rings. 

But i have a problem. I cant start using the equation because parameters go crazy they wont accept the units "ul" becasue there not "in" 

Is there a way for me to solve this problem by making the equation happen through ilogic and pushing it to parameters? 

Please help, im stuck i searched everywhere.

i tried everything.JPG

question.JPG

question.1.JPG

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mrattray
in reply to: DeerSpotter

Try dividing the answer by 1.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 5
VdVeek
in reply to: DeerSpotter

It's a bit difficult to follow what you're doing but maybe i can help you.

This is an example for a property length in mm: where d00 is in ul.

Length = 1.0 mm + ( ( d00 / 1 ul ) * 1 mm )

This formule is changing the unitless d00 to mm so you can add it to Length.

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Message 4 of 5
DeerSpotter
in reply to: VdVeek

Im trying to make an equation for the parameter "Plane" 

when i try to enter in the d00 it turns read and says "Warning...etc.." the ul dim is not recognised as a valid unit. I will try what you are posting to see if i can do it. 

all i want to do is make the plane dynamic to the amount of rings so the plane is always in the middle of the assembly. 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 5 of 5
DeerSpotter
in reply to: VdVeek

the solution to the dynamic plane was this: ( ( ( ( d00 - 1 ul ) * ( 0.1875 in ) ) + ( ( d34 * 2 ul ) * d00 ) ) / 2 ul )

d00 is the number of patterns

0.1875 is the space between patterns.

This will always have the plane in the middle of your patterns

The Plane uses the Plane parameter "obviously" with some luck it should be recreated simply. (dont know why inventor doesnt have that already incorporated) 

Final.JPG

Final plane.JPG

See My LinkedIn Profile

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report