Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
m.teleguz1
Message 1 of 5 (125 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cant use a specific parameter in a dimension

125 Views, 4 Replies
02-06-2014 06:14 AM

So im trying to make an equation using some info that i have. (((d00-(1)*.1875)+((d34*2)*d00)) 

that equation will determine where the plane is in relation to the amount of rings in the assembly. (i need the plane to be in the middle)

d00 is the amount of rings (thats the paramemter that drives how many rings there are)

d34 is half of the ring, so we multiply that to get 7.

.1875 is the space between rings. 

But i have a problem. I cant start using the equation because parameters go crazy they wont accept the units "ul" becasue there not "in" 

Is there a way for me to solve this problem by making the equation happen through ilogic and pushing it to parameters? 

Please help, im stuck i searched everywhere.

i tried everything.JPG

question.JPG

question.1.JPG

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................
Privacy warning: Since I live in a country that has traded liberty for the illusion of security, all of your posts to me are being monitored and saved by the United States Government.

*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 2 of 5 (114 Views)

Re: Cant use a specific parameter in a dimension

02-06-2014 06:24 AM in reply to: m.teleguz1
Try dividing the answer by 1.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Valued Contributor
VdVeek
Message 3 of 5 (110 Views)

02-06-2014 06:35 AM in reply to: m.teleguz1

It's a bit difficult to follow what you're doing but maybe i can help you.

This is an example for a property length in mm: where d00 is in ul.

Length = 1.0 mm + ( ( d00 / 1 ul ) * 1 mm )

This formule is changing the unitless d00 to mm so you can add it to Length.

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Associate & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
m.teleguz1
Message 4 of 5 (100 Views)

02-06-2014 06:54 AM in reply to: VdVeek

Im trying to make an equation for the parameter "Plane" 

when i try to enter in the d00 it turns read and says "Warning...etc.." the ul dim is not recognised as a valid unit. I will try what you are posting to see if i can do it. 

all i want to do is make the plane dynamic to the amount of rings so the plane is always in the middle of the assembly. 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Privacy warning: Since I live in a country that has traded liberty for the illusion of security, all of your posts to me are being monitored and saved by the United States Government.

m.teleguz1
Message 5 of 5 (82 Views)

02-06-2014 07:46 AM in reply to: VdVeek

the solution to the dynamic plane was this: ( ( ( ( d00 - 1 ul ) * ( 0.1875 in ) ) + ( ( d34 * 2 ul ) * d00 ) ) / 2 ul )

d00 is the number of patterns

0.1875 is the space between patterns.

This will always have the plane in the middle of your patterns

The Plane uses the Plane parameter "obviously" with some luck it should be recreated simply. (dont know why inventor doesnt have that already incorporated) 

Final.JPG

Final plane.JPG

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube