Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make the clear glass in 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Orest_iy
2318 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot make the clear glass in 2014

I have tried all possible “clear” appearances but my glass is not transparent as used to be in previous release. As you can see from video the left glass is clean and it was migrated from previous release untouched. It does not have any material assigned.I was trying to assign the Glass Material to the right one but cannot make it clear nevertheless property claims it 100 percent transparent.

Please advise how to make my glass transparent and clear as used to be in 2012?

http://screencast.com/t/ZgOiTtKVl6

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: Orest_iy

Change the View setting to Realistic (View-Tab), this will improve the appearance. Then you can also enable Ray-Tracing for the glass to appear completely transparent. 

In the modeling enviroment it never looks great unless you use Ray-Trace. It will look correct in the Studio enviroment as well.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
Orest_iy

I need it for current work. I do showcases now. So unfortunatelly it is not a solition for me . I can engage Ray-Tracing but I bet my machine will slow down significally
Message 4 of 5
JDMather

Oops, I just about responded to the wrong question

https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/74016?tstart=0

I haven't tried this in later releases, but search for information on clear&.bmp technique.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
blair

Yes, there has been a bit of a change in the materials appearances from previous releases. ADSK has been trying to unify their materials appearances to a set standard across their platforms. This has caused a bit of a difference in the view in the main model/work enviroment. When rendered and used with Ray-Trace they do appear correct.

I know none of this currently helps you in the modeling/work enviroment.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report