Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make a weld bead

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Karol-Or
855 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot make a weld bead

I try to make a 15.5 mm fillet bead according to the picture.

No success

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
blair
in reply to: Karol-Or

I couldn't get my guys on the production floor to do it either. Can't put a 15mm weld in a space that's smaller than 15mm.

Unfortunatly IV doesn't have a variable fillet option either. The best would be to keep doing a smaller fillet until you get to the ends.

You may want to use the starting and ending offset if IV throws up errors because of the fillet.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 7
Karol-Or
in reply to: blair

Attached is another preview of a fillet in another place, on the back of the part, that also can't be done, with the same warnings.

These warnings weren't all the time. at the beginning of the workflow these welds were made without any warning

Message 4 of 7
Karol-Or

Continuing, i cannot make a weld with the From-To option since the planes i made aren't parrallel, they pass through the center. in the help it says planes must be parrallel.

Also the Start-Distance option isn't available, it's greyed, since the weld is circular.

It seems i cannot make this weld, but in the beginning of my work it worked.

Message 5 of 7
JDMather

Karol-Or wrote:

These warnings weren't all the time. at the beginning of the workflow these welds were made without any warning

Did you fix all the other problems you reported?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 7
Karol-Or
in reply to: JDMather

Yes, i think i repaired all the warnings, at least i don't see anyone, but i saw a warning about this extrusion3 that does nothing, but it didn't repeat.

I will try, later today, to get rid also of extrusion3, to change it.

This is the warning that i get while doing the weld bead

Message 7 of 7
blair

They are tied to the outside curved fillet weld and most likely to the chamfer at the one end of the fillet weld. If you edit this fillet and use the end offsets you should be fine.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report