Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot ground this CC part

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
314 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot ground this CC part

INV2010 SP1, Advantage Pack, XP64 bit;

Can someone place this ANSI equal angle in an assembly and try to ground/unground it using RMB? I can 'Ground and Root Component', it can be grounded/ungrounded through the iProps, but there is no option to ground/unground using RMB. I have confirmed this behavior on three machines here. It's just the 'ANSI equal angle' that is affected, all other CC parts tested can be grounded using RMB.
I have edited CC parts by creating a part from CC, editing some iProps and then copying to family template. I have done this for all structural steel components, and this library is the only one that does this.
Any input is appreciated. Edited by: matthewfitzmaurice7704 on Nov 18, 2009 5:51 PM
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

And here's a pic of the missing options. The part is also missing 'Change Size', 'Replace from Content Center" & 'Adaptivity' options. I can use the Repeat Change Size' option for the part.
Message 3 of 6
henry.han

Hi Mathew, this seems a problem and we can reproduce it. We are investigating it now. By the way, can you provide some detail steps about how you edited the part from CC? Thank you for your input! Edited by: henry.han@autodesk.com on Nov 19, 2009 6:00 PM
Message 4 of 6
Robert_H

I've come across this when placing pipe fittings into an assembly from CC.

When it is placed right from the CC it cannot be grounded in the normal fashion. If you would place the part into the assy from CC then copy/paste that part then it's icon changes in the browser and is treated differently and now can be grounded.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Henry, thanks for the reply;

How I modified CC Structural Shapes was to:
1. copy the ANSI libraries to 'my library';
2. create an assembly with all the Structural Shapes I wanted to modify;
3. add the appropriate expression to the 'description' iProp for each Structural Shape (for equal angle "=L x x x ");
4. change the 'Custom Property Format' in Parameters to ft units, fractional format & 1/16 precision;
5. save; and
6. open CC Editor and do a 'Copy Family Template';

Every other Structural Shape I have edited this way does not have this issue. I have also used this method with fasteners/tube and pipe with no issues. I went back through my assemblies and all equal angle parts I created after editing CC have the same problem.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Yeah I tried that too, as well as inserting it from the folder it was saved to but no dice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report