Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot exclude parts in a derived assembly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Karol-Or
2316 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot exclude parts in a derived assembly

Look at the text in the picture, it's from a tutorial.

It says i can exclude parts from the assembly, when i insert it as a derived part, but the exclude button is greyed in the insert derived part dialog box

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
yannick3
in reply to: Karol-Or

Hi

go to representation tab and uncheck associative

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 3 of 5
Karol-Or
in reply to: yannick3

Where is the representations tab?

I can't find such a tab on the ribbon, at the top of the screen, and neither in the application and ducument settings commands

Message 4 of 5
JDMather

It is in the Derive Component dialog box.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
csaba.stupak

The Derived Assembly dialog contains 4 tabs - Bodies, Other, Representation, Options. The Representation tab also affects how the objects are derived. The DesignView combobox - all visible objects are included by default and invisible are excluded (if the design view visibility can be applied to the object, note not all object can be controlled by design view visibility).

Moreover if the associative design view checkbox is checked we lock this behavior. It is not possible to include/derive hidden objects and/or exclude visible objects.

You can uncheck the associative design view checkbox - as it was suggested. You can also define a design view in the source assembly and adjust the visibility of the occurrences (parts). Based on the visiblity the derive will include/exclude the parts.

Thanks,

Csaba

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report