Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot derive Vaulted assembly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bcrowell
181 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot derive Vaulted assembly

There is an assembly in Vault that I need to derive into a single part to work with our CMM software.

When I try to open up the assembly from Vault, it opens up just fine, with no warning or errors or save prompts, so all part data links should be ok.  However, when I try to derive it there is a part that will not come in.  If I derive the assembly and keep each solid as a solid body, it derives just fine but that is not what I need.

Is there any way to troubleshoot why a file isn't coming in for the derive but works just fine with Vault?  I can't attach the assembly but I will try to attach the process I have recorded and have a screen clip of the error message.

INV Professional 2017 (Build: 142, Release: 2017RTM), Windows 10 Professional (64-bit), Intel Xeon E5-1620 3.5GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200, Vault Basic 2017
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bcrowell
in reply to: bcrowell

INV Professional 2017 (Build: 142, Release: 2017RTM), Windows 10 Professional (64-bit), Intel Xeon E5-1620 3.5GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200, Vault Basic 2017

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report