Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create new file - Inventor 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ucbelpa
666 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot create new file - Inventor 2013

I have Inventor Professional 2013 (student). I can't open new file, if I try to the program crashes and closes and try to send an error report. Can't install update/patch (DL20857064_32-bit.msp or inventor2013_sp1.1_x86.msp), says program not installed/or can't gain acces to the HKey. I have admin rights, I have tried re-activating, repairing, re-installing, uninstalling and reinstalling, to the point i had to request a new activation code but it's still not working.

I have attached a file with error messages and my system, which should be ok according to the system requirements.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Leanne.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anthony
in reply to: ucbelpa

Hi, have you tried doing a install repair ? Failing that an re-install might be the way ahead.

Anthony Goodwin ~ Cad Manager/Senior Designer
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 SP2 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
12.0GB RAM, ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)
Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: ucbelpa

@ucbelpa wrote:

I. Can't install update/patch (DL20857064_32-bit.msp or inventor2013_sp1.1_x86.msp),

What Windows Operating System are you running (it would likely  be a very old computer to be running 32-bit (x86) OS).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: JDMather

try this: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16508079&linkID=9240817&CMP=OTC-RSS...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report