Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change view cube orientation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
z.baczo
4956 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot change view cube orientation

Hi,

I cannot change the view cube orientation for some reason. No matter what options I choose in the view cube options for front and top planes it always sets to front on top, bottom on left and right on rignt. (see attached a few examples).

I want top on top, front on left and right on right... 

Any ideas?

Thansk in advance.

(Inventor 2013 64bit, SP2 update 5, wind 7 64 bit).

Baczó.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JoyceZhou
in reply to: z.baczo

I think you might have set the current orientation as Home(Rotate the View cube to current orientation->RMB->Set currnt View as HOme->Fixed distance/Fit to view). see the attached image.

You could rotate the viewcube to the orientation you want(top on top, front on left and right on right), then Set it as home again.

Thanks!

Joyce-Jinghua Zhou

Inventor QA Engineer
Message 3 of 5
z.baczo
in reply to: JoyceZhou

Hi JoyceZhou,

Thanks for this tip. Your comment lead me to the solution.

I have the option to "Set current view as" : Top/Front, with this I can changes the orientation of the viewcube related to the asix.

Then "Set current vie as Home" sets the default view.

Now my question is, can i do this to all (new) parts, somewhere from application options, without changing the templates?

Thanks,

Zsolt.

Baczó.
Message 4 of 5
JoyceZhou
in reply to: z.baczo

Thanks for your update, It's great to know the original issue is solved:).

From your original description, i assume the ViewCube worked as expected at first, but for some unknown reason, it shows incorrectly later. Could you help answer the following questions for research:

1. have you ever modified the ViewCube's Home view in your Template ?
  2. Do you see the same behaivor in all new part/assemby file? 
  3. Do you activate one special project file? if yes, could you activate the default project and try again?
  4. Which default standard do you choose when install? Have you changed it?

Thanks!

Joyce-Jinghua Zhou

Inventor QA Engineer
Message 5 of 5
z.baczo
in reply to: JoyceZhou

Hi JoyceZhou,

The templates are not managed by me, so I didn't touch them. I guess it's been working this way forever, I just didn't really pay attention to the view cube/origin axis relationsip until now. I was curious to know if this is possible to set only from the templates (in which case I have to talk with the person managing them) or can it be set differently for each user (in which case I wouldn't want to bother the template manager).

But I'm guessing the anser will be that the template must be changed...

Thanks again for your help,

Cheers,

Zsolt.

Baczó.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report