Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you move the detail leader in a drawing?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
dpsmith85
1305 Views, 5 Replies

Can you move the detail leader in a drawing?

When I make a detail in a drawing sometimes the leader gets in the way because it is always pointing to the same spot at the top of the detail.  Is there anyway to move this so it points mabe to the side or bottom of the detail?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
macflirty
in reply to: dpsmith85

Hi dpsmith85,

The detail leader can be easily moved by hovering on top of the Detail View Name (e.g "A" ) then pick wait for the moved icon and  drag to left or right, top or bottom.  The arrow will follow where the View name will be placed.  If this is not what your looking for better show some snapshot for others to help you.

Cheers,

macflirty

Message 3 of 6
dpsmith85

I dont know if I was following exactly what you were saying so I've attached a pic for more clarification.  It's showing the original placement of the leader and then it shows where I moved the leader to.  My goal is to get the arrowhead to move out of the way instead of across the model.  Thanks for the response though.

Message 4 of 6
macflirty

To add up from my previous reply if it's an existing leader view name.

1) RMB the Detail View Name ("A") then uncheck "Leader".

2) Move Detail View Name to your desired location.

3) RMB again and then Check the "Leader".

You can't move the arrow leader explained if the leader is checked.  Uncheck first then move.

Message 5 of 6
dpsmith85

PERFECT!! Thanks for the help, it's nice to get stuff like that figured out.

Message 6 of 6
macflirty

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my previous response answers your question.

I'm glad to help. Smiley Wink

Cheers!

macflirty

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report