Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you delete a page from a corrupt drawing file?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Wade-Wheeler
245 Views, 3 Replies

Can you delete a page from a corrupt drawing file?

I have a fairly large drawing file that used to print great. Now when I try to open a particular page the whole drawing crashes and inventor shuts down. Can I delete a page from a drawing file with out activating it? I beleive the problem is that the particular page has a section view on it that needs to be updated. I just can't get that page open with crashing inventor. (The rest of the drawing file works fine.) Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Wade-Wheeler

Move all the parts / assemblies so that the IDW can't find them.
Activate the page and delete it. Close and Save. Move the parts and
assemblies back, reopen the IDW.

MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR FILES first. You might need to take a couple
of shots at it.

Wade-Wheeler wrote:

> I have a fairly large drawing file that used to print great. Now when
> I try to open a particular page the whole drawing crashes and inventor
> shuts down. Can I delete a page from a drawing file with out
> activating it? I believe the problem is that the particular page has a
> section view on it that needs to be updated. I just can't get that
> page open with crashing inventor. (The rest of the drawing file works
> fine.) Any ideas?
Message 3 of 4
MechMan_

I agree with Charles' approach. Before you do it though you might also try going to Tools pull down => Application Options => Drawing tab and turn off Precise View Generation before trying to activate the corrupt sheet. Probably won't work but it's an easy thing to try.

MechMan
Message 4 of 4
donovan_cox

i've seen a similar problem in an idw, my suggestions going to be a little strange, and you may not be able to do it.

open the assembly in inventor 7, then save it, then go open the idw in inventor 6. i was seeing a problem like that with one of our customers files. i'd open the drawing in six, and immediatly crash, i could open the drawing in seven, but couldn't always save it. If i opened the assembly in inv. 6 i'd get all sorts of warnings, constraint problems, etc. if i opend the assembly in inv. 7, the assembly would ask to update before opening, i'd let it, and then just save it.

as i said, it's a bit of a weird fix, and won't be practical if you don't have inventor 7

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report