Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use inventor 2015.

91 REPLIES 91
SOLVED
Message 1 of 92
kasnorma
13379 Views, 91 Replies

Can't use inventor 2015.

I freshly installed inventor 2015 and it start up to a blank white screen and unable to click on anything.

I have attempted repaire/reinstall and complete uninstall and reinstall.

System specs are as follows:

Dell percision M6800

CPU: Intel I7-4700MQ

RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX

SSd: Msata 500GB Samsung EVO 840 (Autodesk products and windows installed here)

Hdd: 2 x 1 TB 7200rpm

GPU: Quadro K3100M (latest driver installed)

91 REPLIES 91
Message 2 of 92
JDMather
in reply to: kasnorma

Did you install with UAC and anti-virus temporarily disabled?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 92
mdavis22569
in reply to: JDMather

Did you try opening an existing file ? I don't know if this matters ...but what version of Microsoft Office are you using ..it requires a min of 2010 or higher (my work and another place I help are both on 2007 still)

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 92
raith-mb

Message 5 of 92
kasnorma
in reply to: raith-mb

so I can open an older inventor file I created but the start screen seems to just crash with inventor 2015 x64. And yes this was installed with UAC disabled and antivirus off that didn't seem to fix the issue either. also odd note if i start inventor first then open a file it will open the file but the mouse will be unable to click on anything and will have the pointer with circle noting it is busy thinking still.

Message 6 of 92
kasnorma

On furthur review i was able to fix the issue by unchecking "show my home at startup" in the general tab of options so this seems to be an issue with the my home.

Message 7 of 92
scottmoyse

Yeah... you likely won't miss the new Home anyway.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 8 of 92
kasnorma
in reply to: scottmoyse

Though I would like the option that exsist to work as this seems to be a bug.

Message 9 of 92
johnsonshiue

Hi! Did you send in the crash report? If yes, what email address was it filed under (send me an email: johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 92
ChrisMitchell01

kasnorma,

If/when you see that white screen, on startup, you can go to Task Manager & kill the 2 processes called AdCefWebBrowser.exe *32. After that Inventor should be Ok again for that session. To prevent this from recurring, go to Tools App Options, General tab & uncheck, "Show My Home on Startup", (as you've discovered).

If Inventor won't start at all, to even do this, you can run regedit & change ShowWelcomeScreen" to 0 under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion19.0\System\Preferences\File]

Which virus checking software & firewall are you using ? Does MyHome work properly if you temporarily disable those ?

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 92

As the symptoms are similar, you might also check this "white screen" problem resolution:

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/empty-white-activation-window-tip7739

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz  www.cadforum.cz

Message 12 of 92
HarryP108

Hello,

My ShowWelcomeScreen was set to 0. I changed ShowHomeBaseOnStartup to 0 and got it working.

Regards.

Inventor Professional.
Windows 10.
Message 13 of 92
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: HarryP108

Thanks Paul,

Sorry about that - typo ! It should be ShowHomeBaseOnStartup that is set to 0.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 92

I just had this on a brand new install for a customers laptop. Fixed now... I assume this will be fixed in the next hotfix or something.

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 15 of 92

Hi Scott,

We haven't identified the root cause for this issue yet. Can you supply any further info about the virus software that was in place on that machine ? Does the problem go away when disabling virus checker ? Any info in the virus logs to suggest what was being blocked ?

Anything in system event logs etc ?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 92

@ChrisMitchell01 wrote:

Hi Scott,

We haven't identified the root cause for this issue yet. Can you supply any further info about the virus software that was in place on that machine ? Does the problem go away when disabling virus checker ? Any info in the virus logs to suggest what was being blocked ?

Anything in system event logs etc ?

Thanks,
Chris

Sorry Chris, I didn't have time to do all this before the customer left. 

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 17 of 92
deniseking2654
in reply to: scottmoyse

I just downloaded and intalled the educational version of Inventor 2015 and I can't even create a new assembly without it crashing. I tried the regedit fixes and nothing is working. I can't even open existing files without an immediate crash.

Message 18 of 92

Hi Chris

Sorry to hijack the thread, but we are also getting this startup issue with inventor 2015.

If 'show my home' is checked on startup we get the attached screen. If we uncheck Inventor starts and runs ok, except if you pick any of the 'My Home' buttons you get the Warning dialog again.

If I start Inventor 'run as admin' the home screnn shows OK if checked on. Also the buttons in 'My Home' work OK.

I believe it must be an IE / proxy setting somewhere, but cant track it. What is AdCefBrowser.exe actually doing when starting up inventor, what is it looking for or trying to access that when running 'as admin' is OK, but as a user it stalls Inventor.

I have just done a search on my laptop for adcef and found a journal file 'Report.wer' in c:\users\stephen.musitano\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\WER\reportArchive\AppCrash_AdCefWebBrowser._cc228aff321db7c8bf811b429961fd3e5c027_1ef9baec

Not sure if this helps in any way. I have changed the extension to TXT so as to upload

Hope this helps a bit more light.

Steve Musitano

Technical Manager

Datech UK part of the Tech Data Group

Steve Musitano
Technical Manager
DatechUK part of the Techdata Group
Message 19 of 92

Hi Steve,

We're still investigating this issue with another customer who has reported that same issue; based on the outcomes of those investigations we may contact you again for further info.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 92
kjones
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Had the issue on customers machine and disabling Trend Micro antivirus allowed the window to appear. I guessing there is an exception we can add to trend micro.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report