Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reuse sketch in adaptive part

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
barnadaniel
4825 Views, 20 Replies

Can't reuse sketch in adaptive part

Hi,

I have an adaptive part which I created within an assembly. I created work planes in this file, based on features in the assembly, and created a sketch on one of these work planes. I used this sketch for an extrusion. then I wanted to reuse the sketch again for another extrusion - normally one needs to select 'Share sketch' from the right-click menu of the sketch, but this is not available. I have already experienced this (random) behaviour, i.e. the 'Share sketch' option missing from the menu. In those case it was ok to make the sketch visible, and then I could use it again. But now it doesn't help. I made it visible, but when I click Extrusion, Inventor wants me to create a sketch, claiming there is no usable sketch. Why?

thank you

Daniel, Inventor 2013

20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
SBix26
in reply to: ethan.d.joseph

Not true.  Shared sketches appear in the browser at the same level as features (and unconsumed sketches), whereas non-shared sketches are consumed by features and don't appear in the browser until the consuming feature is expanded.  Therefore, fewer items in the browser, which is what I meant by "less cluttered".

As for more planes... I don't think anybody in this thread from 2013 is suggesting creating additional planes, are they?

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2022.1.1 | Windows 10 Home 21H1
LinkedIn
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report