Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't remove inventor 2012 student version

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1482 Views, 6 Replies

Can't remove inventor 2012 student version

Recently I've download and install Autodesk inventor 2012 x64 Educational Version. Now I have same Commercial version from my future employer and every time when I'm installing, even with new serials, I got on the program window  -STUDENT VERSION. I've try every possible way to remove every thing from  Inventor, I've edit registry, try several installers and I'm still getting the   -STUDENT VERSION. Please I need urgent answer, cause by job depend on this program. tnx

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

The "Student Version" label is attached to components created with a "Student License" of Inventor. A 10,000 part IAM file with a small component such as a flat washer that was created with a Student License" will show "Student Version".

You will need to go through your components and figure out which ones were created with a "Student License", remove these from your IAM files and create new IPT's with the "Commercial Version" of Inventor.

This is the reason you get to use Autodesk Inventor for free with a "Student License", all work done with it can only be used for educational purposes and not commercial work.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

You seems don't understand me. I want completely to remove STUDENT VERSION and I can't. NOT the label or similar.

Message 4 of 7
JDMather

You did not need to uninstall/re-install the software.

When you re-install it simply picks up the original license.

My understanding is that the licensing scheme uses an otherwise unused portion of the HDD that isn't even touched by re-formatting the HHD.

What you need to do is replace the student license serial number with the commercial license serial number.

Go to Help>About Inventor >Product Information> Update the serial number to new number and activate new license.

It sounds like you already understand that any work done previously with the student license is always student work and would need to be recreated from scratch with commercial license.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I've figurate out just before reading your answer. But thank you anyway 🙂

Message 6 of 7
Jason3120

I am wanting to remove the Student Version and activate a full licence but when I go to Help in InventorI have no options for "About Inventor" or "Product Information" to do the serial number change. All that happens when I click on help is I am linked to the online help page. 

Any suggestions???

Message 7 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: Jason3120

Don't click on the Help ? symbol.

Click on the down arrow next to the ? symbol.

Product Information.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report